|Volume 1: Decapitation Cycle
|The Blue Savant and the User of Nonsense (official release)
* Iriya's name probably comes from the Iliad, while her sister Odessa is presumed to come from Odyssey, both works by Homer.
* The maids' surname, Chiga, is presumed to be a play on "Blood is," which is then followed by their names, all of which are a play on "light."
* Rei's name can also be read as Panta rhei, as it is Handa Rei.
|Volume 2 Strangulation Romantist
|"Human Failure" Zerozaki Hitoshiki (official release)
* Zerozaki Hitoshiki's first name is presumably because he is the equal of the user of nonsense. "An equal" can be written "hitoshiki" (等しき).
* Aoii Mikoko (葵井巫女子 - Blue Well / Shrine Maiden Child) was originally named Aoi Miko (青井巫女 - Blue Well Shrine Maiden), and the "blue" came from Kunagisa Tomo.
* Atemiya Muimi's surname comes from Utsuho Monogatari, and Muimi means "meaningless."
* Ikaruga and Ayaminami are both taken from names of places in Japan. Nishio Ishin himself said he didn't consider these particularly original names.
|Volume 6 Uprooting Radical
|The Thirteen Stairs
|Overkilled Red vs. Orange See
||赤き征裁 vs. 橙なる種
|The Blue Savant and the User of Nonsense